Hans Duus Blacksmith, Inc. fixtures are sold with a One Year Limited Warranty to the original purchaser. If our product fails due to a defect in material or workmanship, Hans Duus Blacksmith, Inc. will repair or replace it free of charge. The warranty does not apply to: (a) damage caused by accident, abuse, mishandling, vandalism; (b) units which have been subject to unauthorized repair, opened or taken apart, other than the normal relamping; (c) units not properly installed and/or under abnormal use including certain climatic and environmental conditions; (d) damages exceeding the cost of the product; (e) sealed lamps and/or light bulbs; (f) any glass.
Stainless steel constructed products:
- 304 L – Standard Grade, can be used in all but the harshest environments and will be guaranteed for a period of two (2) years against material corrosion and pitting.
- 316 L – Marine Grade, can be used in harsh environments, except submerged, and will be guaranteed for period of five (5) years against material corrosion and pitting.
- It must be understood that this material warranty applies only to the base material and does not apply to any coatings or finishes applied or performed on this base material such as powder coating, painting, polishing or brushing, nor any components that may be used in the fixture such as, but not limited to, lens materials, wire, sockets, candle sleeves, insulators, etc., or workmanship.
We reserve the right to charge for repair or replacement costs of items damaged through no fault of Hans Duus Blacksmith, Inc. An estimate for such repairs will be quoted for your approval prior to commencing work. In the event a repair is needed due to acts or conditions beyond our control, the cost of shipping and handling is the responsibility of the owner. Return shipping will be charged to cover our costs.
Any modification to a Hans Duus Blacksmith, Inc. lighting product not made at the factory will void the UL listing as well as the Hans Duus Blacksmith, Inc. warranty policy.
The obligation of this warranty is limited to repairing or replacing all or any part of the product which in the opinion of Hans Duus Blacksmith, Inc. shall be proved defective in materials or workmanship under normal use and service.
In no case shall Hans Duus Blacksmith, Inc. be liable for any special or consequential damages, labor, repair or removal of defective part, or any other costs or warranty, expressed or implied.
Returned Goods Authorization (RGA) Policy
We ask for your understanding and cooperation in complying with our RGA requirements as follows:
- Returns are NOT accepted on custom orders.
- Requests for authorization to return stock items are accepted within 5 days of receipt of merchandise.
- Restocking charges are up to 50%.
- Merchandise will not be accepted for return if it will cause an overstock.
- Customers will receive credit only towards future orders on authorized returned merchandise. We do not issue refunds. The credit amount will not include freight charges. Credits will be handled through our accounting department; please do not deduct credits on your own.
- The customer is responsible for all freight charges incurred returning merchandise.
- Returned merchandise is subject to inspection. Un-saleable or damaged merchandise will be credited at salvage value or less costs of repair.
- Merchandise returned without written authorization will not be accepted.
We reserve the right to refuse any returns for any reasons.
General Terms and Conditions
- 50% deposit is required on all orders. Deposit must be received before an order will be processed. Balance is due at shipping. We accept Visa and MasterCard for your convenience.
- Open accounts are available to qualified companies. Credit applications upon request.
- F.O.B. Orcutt, California
- We reserve the right to select the carrier on all shipments unless special arrangements are made prior to shipment.
All fixtures meet UL standards.
We reserve the right to make any design or engineering changes to our product without prior notice. The designs of light fixtures shown are the sole property of Hans Duus, Licensed to Hans Duus Blacksmith, Inc. Copyright, trademark, trade dress, and patent law protect them. A number of these designs and their processes are protected by design patents, issued and pending. Some custom designs are proprietary and cannot be duplicated.